[Wien] more on pathscale and ifort64 : ACML

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Fri Aug 12 16:47:15 CEST 2005

> For
>the single mode, the compilation went smoothly.
>However, for parallel mode, some undefined references
>were found.

Before continuing, be sure you really need to compile the (mpi) parallel
version. Only if you have really big cases with only very few k-points
(such that the normal k-point parallellization does not help), you need
to compile this parallel version. The common k-point parallellization
(which is what most of us need) can be executed by what you call the
'single mode'.

>What is your libg2c? I mean the its function. why do
>you need it?

Don't know. The linker complained about this, and hence I searched where
it was located and added it to the linker options.

>One more stupid question, does "pgf90 + libmpi" have
>the same function as "mpif90" does?

Don't know. I never used mpi parallallization so far, hence never
compiled that part of the code.

Stefaan