[Wien] about oscilations of scf procedure

zhoukj zhoukj at ihep.ac.cn
Thu Aug 18 05:02:08 CEST 2005

Dear all
   I'm now using LDA+U do the calculation of rare earth oxides. When I put 4f orbital as the correlated orbital,  and run scf, I found that the scf procedure oscilates, but it is convergent. What's the problem?  Should I add spin-orbit in the calculation? How to set it?
Thanks a lot.

Sincerely yours,
Zhou Ke jin

                      Beijing Synchrotron Radiation Facility