[Wien] about P63/mmc

Martin Kroeker martin at ruby.chemie.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Aug 18 15:27:13 CEST 2005

Travis Sefzik wrote:
>I also use XCrysDen, which is extremely helpful as it is the only
>program that I know of that reads in .struct files (well, the only
>that I know of that is free).

The new release of our free, cross-platform program DRAWxtl
(http://www.lwfinger.net/drawxtl) is also able to read .struct files (and
electron density too, if it is written in the format of the lapw53D
program that Florent Boucher posted to this list in March).

Also Izumi's VENUS package
 http://homepage.mac.com/fujioizumi/visualization/VENUS.html
comes to mind.

Perhaps a list of such programs, both freeware and commercial, could
be added to the FAQ ?

Martin
Dr. Martin Kroeker            martin at ruby.chemie.uni-freiburg.de
c/o Prof.Dr. Caroline Roehr
Institut fuer Anorganische und Analytische Chemie der Universitaet Freiburg