[Wien] about P63/mmc

Michael Gurnett michael.gurnett at kau.se
Thu Aug 18 15:36:43 CEST 2005

I myself us Vics-2 which is very good along with xcrysden and atomeye (which
I feel makes the best images). We also own Balsac, but I haven't used it
much.

I know along time ago that Peter unfortuantly doesn't have the time to
improve structgen, which I feel is one of Wien2k weaker components. It would
be nice with a graphical interface which made thing like cuting slabs easy.
Also I think that when doing supercell calculations it would be nice if it
was easy to simple insert additional geometry into the slab as in do a
calculation in which the the slab is created with say 3 unit cells in the z
direction, allow for the reconstruction on the surface, and then be easily
able to insert a unit cell more into the structure and recalculate to check
for convergance.

Michael