[Wien] problem with init_phonon_lapw

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Aug 22 11:51:58 CEST 2005

I don't think there is any problem with your calculations.

Aparently you generated (properly ?) a supercell which consists of 64 atoms.
Than one atom is displaced and the nn program found out, that even after
this displacement some of the atoms are still equivalent and wants to
regroup the 64 atoms into some other set.

I'd assume that everything is ok and you should follow the suggestion of
init_lapw and accept the new struct_nn file. (Be sure to use the latest
ini_lapw!)

The only part which could be different from a "normal" setup is that you
should NOT follow the suggestion of SGROUP, when it changes the
lattice type (lattice parameters,...), because from this reduced cell
the analyse_phonon script might not be able to reconstruct the forces
for all atomes in the original supercell.