[Wien] run time error with lapw1

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Wed Dec 14 12:23:17 CET 2005

Dear Suman,

well, it is difficult to remember... but you need to make "/sbin/loader"
aware where your dynamic libraries are, maybe through the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable, try to read the "man loader" or "man
/sbin/loader" if it is available. Alternatively, you can build static
binaries (see the linker manual, probably "-static"). You can use -O3,
as far as I remember (but it is a long time ago since I have used one of
these machines).

Are you running the code on the same machine you compiled it on?

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.

suman.mandal at saha.ac.in wrote:
> Dear wien2k users,
>
> I am trying to install WIEN2k_05.6 in Compaq AlphaServer ES40 DEC6600 with
> system with 4 CPUs and 2 Gb RAM. The operating system is Compaq Tru64 UNIX
> V5.1 and using f90 and cc compilers.
>
> the compiler, link options i used are the standard for the DEC system
>
> compiler options: -O -convert big_endian -free
> Linker Flags    : -L../SRC_lib
> preprocessor flags : '-Dparallel'
> R_LIB(LAPACK + BLAS): -ldxml
>
> I am compiling without MPI and  SCALAPACK. The compilation seems fine
> without any errors and initialization (using ./init_lapw) goes ok. But
> when I try to run the program (using run_lapw), lapw0 runs ok but lapw1
> gives an error message "49774:../lapw1: /sbin/loader: Fatal Error: Cannot
> map library xxxxxxx ".
>
> Can anybody please help?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Suman

Dr. Torsten Andersen        TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University
http://cmt.physik.uni-kl.de    http://www.physik.uni-kl.de/