AW: [Wien] Re: Need help for compiling WIEN2k-05 on Fedora 4.0 CPUEM64T

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Fri Dec 16 09:26:28 CET 2005

I have no problems with -ip at least if all libraries are correctly selected.

-ip should only optimize within one source file, only -ipo is supposed to optimize between different files.

However, it should be fine to compile without the -ip switch

if you use -DINTEL_VML you should include -lsvml before -lpthread (maybe it is needed in both, the linker options and in the BLAS/Lapack options.)
should be in the L   Linker Flags:
-L/opt/intel/fc90/lib -lguide -lguide_stats -lsvml -lpthread
-L/opt/intel/fc90/lib -i-static -lguide -lguide_stats -lsvml -lpthread

and in the R   R_LIB (LAPACK+BLAS):
-L/opt/intel/mkl/lib/em64t -lmkl_lapack64 -lmkl_em64t -lguide (-lguide_stats -lsvml) -lpthread
the values in () are maybe not needed.

fc90 should be the directory were you put the fortran compiler, the libguide_stats is not in the mkl folder but only in the lib folder of the compiler. The reason that some libraries may be needed to be given twice depends on the organisation of the makefiles

otherwise, try to compile without -DINTEL_VML but with -ip.

Ciao
Gerhard