[Wien] help on computer for WIEN2k calculation

Q ZM zmqw2k at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 10:51:34 CET 2005

Dear users,
    We are planning to buy a new computer for WIEN2K calculation.  Three
kinds of CPU, AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+(dual core), Pentium D 830(dual core) or
double Xeon 2.8G are considered . But we are not sure which one is better
for WIEN2K. It seems that Intel CPU is better from the benchmark on the
WIEN2k website. Does dual-core CPU is better than double CPU(one core)?
 We greatly appreciate that somebody can give us some suggestions about
CPU,memory and so on.

Best regards.

Zeming