[Wien] Question on symmetry

Sherif Yehia wien542002 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 00:15:41 CET 2005

 Dear wien users

   I am trying to study SmCo4B which crystallizes in
the CeCoB type. It has
   two Sm atoms at (0,0,0) and (0,0,1/2) : eight Co
atoms at
  (1/3,2/3,0) ,(1/2,0,0.287) and two B atoms at
(1/3,2/3,1/2) lattice
   parameters a=9.46 A and c= 12.97 A space group
191P6/mmm.

	I would like  to calculate anisotropy energy so I
have to do spin orbit 	calculation with magnetization
along (001) and (100) directions

My questions are

1- Why the number of inequivalent atoms when
magnetization in
   001 direction is different than 100 direction.

2- The spin-orbit reduces the number of symmetry
operations
   from 24 to 8.when one go from 001 to 100 direction.
   In that case do I have new space group? If so Can
wien2k
   detect the new possible change in structure and the
new space group.

	Thanks all for your kind help and advice

	with my best regards  and happy new year