[Wien] Plane waves exhausted

saeid jalali s_jalali_a at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 15:31:59 CET 2005

Plane wave exhausts or finishes when the number of local orbitals is more than the number of plane waves.
We know that in the APW+lo+LO local orbitals play a central rule as a conjugate basis of plane waves to linearize the old APW method compared to the last LAPW approach where linearization was performed in a different manner.

Thus if your case works well with the generated klist during initialization, we deduce that  your generated klist is wrong so that many of the plane waves are used and so some LO's remain with no plane wave to be attached.

Your,
Saeid.
Michael Gurnett <michael.gurnett at kau.se> wrote:
This would be strange since it works fine if I use the "built in" k-paths that Wien has.