[Wien] error in lapw2

strutza at bgumail.bgu.ac.il strutza at bgumail.bgu.ac.il
Wed Feb 16 10:06:00 CET 2005

Hello wien2k users,

I had recently updated the WIEN code to version WIEN2k_05 but started to receive errors which i didn't had on the previous version.
I tried to get DOS plots for the case with spin polarization but the calculation (x lapw2 -qtl) stops with following error message:

'LAPW2' - can't open unit: 18

 'LAPW2' -        filename: FevAl5.71.vsp

 'LAPW2' -          status: old          form: formatted

After i have checked other cases with spin and without spin polarization i can surely say that this error occurs only in cases with spin polarization.
i have tried to replace LAPW2 with the compiled executables from the wien site, but still with no luck.
need i add that the compilation was done with: ifc 7.1.008 and mkl 7.0.017.

Thank you in advance,
Angelica