[Wien] error in lapw2 (update)

Angelica angelica.strutz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 13:02:55 CET 2005

Hello wien2k users,

As I explained in my previous question, I had recently updated the WIEN code
to version WIEN2k_05 but started to receive errors which I didn't have on
the previous version.

I would like to update my question, because the problem with files starts
even earlier. When I tried to use cases with spin polarization which were
calculated with a previous version, the newest version ignores the spin
polarization and , for example, in DOS analysis allows to do only x lapw2
-qtl (without -up/-dn) calculation. And, of course, give an error message:

'LAPW2' - can't open unit: 18

 'LAPW2' -        filename: FevAl5.71.vsp

 'LAPW2' -          status: old          form: formatted

Thank you in advance,

Angelica