[Wien] Allocation error 494

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue Feb 22 15:27:36 CET 2005

Hello Rebecca,

I would suspect the different kernels to cause the different behaviour.
What Xeons are those? 64-bit or 32-bit? If they are 32-bit, anything
addressing more than 2G will be very slow, and with some kernels,
compilers, etc., even impossible, even when the hardware technically
supports more than 2G.

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.