[Wien] RKMAX and k-mesh

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Wed Feb 23 08:02:49 CET 2005

Dear Dr. Diaz,

it is not really so simple... but for Ni, Fe, Cu, and some other metals
I would expect that you should use RKMAX between 8 and 10.5, yes. You
probably also need a good sampling density in k-space, but it all
depends on what you want to look at, and how detailed it should be. You
might want to try to use the "charge convergence" (e.g., runsp_lapw -cc
0.0001 -so -p) , as it usually also gives a good energy convergence, but
I would expect it to be difficult to converge the total energy much
better than about 10 micro-Ry.

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.

--
Dr. Torsten Andersen        TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University

Symposium on Excited-state properties of solids, Mannheim 2005:
See: http://cmt.physik.uni-kl.de/XSM05/