Fw: [Wien] problem in running lapwdm -so -up -p in WIEN2k_05

saeid jalali s_jalali_a at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 17:08:26 CET 2005

Looking into the expand_lapw script shows that the only way can cause such a problem may be found in the following condition:
foreach i (lapw1 lapw2 optic  lapwdm)
    if (-e ${i}cpara} ) rm ${i}cpara
    ln -s ${i}para ${i}cpara
end
and I cannot figure out how it can depend on the type of machines, e.g. IBM P690.

However, since you had also such a problem with WIEN2k_04, I suggest to get contact with your administrator as I would not believe it originates from expand_lapw.
Your,
Saeid.

Guang-Yu Guo <gyguo at phys.ntu.edu.tw> wrote:
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Peter Blaha wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I do not know what is wrong in your case.
>
> I just ran one iteration of bccfe with so and in parallel and then lapwdm.
>
> Are you sure you did not issue a "save_lapw" in between ? This would
> remove the weight files.
>
> I also have the lapwdmcpara link created automatically when running expand_lapw
> .... ????

I have just restarted from the scratch on two kinds of machines,
namely, IBM P690 which I have been using, and Redhat Linux PC.
I find that soft links of lapw1cpara, lapw2cpara and lapwdmcpara
are not created automatically on IBM P690 while they are on
Linux PC. There is an error message when running expand_lapw
on IBM P690 which is "PWD: Underfined variable."
Can you figure out the problem on IBM P690?
Many thanks.
Guang-Yu Guo