[Wien] Which compiler and lirary recommend for AMD Athion 64

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Sun Jan 2 14:14:18 CET 2005

Use the AMD library (ACML 2.0) with some compiler (e.g., PGI, or, maybe
even the iNtel compiler). Remember to check the results, as some
compiler options may give problems. With the PGI compiler, for example,
-O5 works with the testcase, but not with any other of my
calculations... Compilers are in general buggy, and not many of them
will allow a universal set of compiler flags for all programmes to be
compiled so that they work flawlessly (especially the "properties"
programmes, usually the programmes required in the SCF cycle are easy to
compile and optimize). Remember to add the compiler options also on the
linker level, if the linker is able to do optimizations.

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.

--
Dr. Torsten Andersen        TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University

Symposium on Excited-state properties of solids, Mannheim 2005:
See: http://cmt.physik.uni-kl.de/XSM05/