[Wien] Two questions

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue Jan 4 14:40:58 CET 2005

Dear Mr. Sabra,

your problem seems to be lapw1, not lapw2... the "segmentation fault"...
so either you are running out of memory (add swap space or RAM, or
decrase Gmax), or you have a buggy compiler that causes addressing
outside of the valid memory segments (big arrays), and you might try to
solve it by relaxing the compiler optimizations (-O3 instead of -O5).

Does your lapw1's run at all?
Or does it happen already in the step where the k-points are divided?

Try in a command-line to execute the command "x lapw1 -p" and see what
comes out... if it works, try "x lapw2 -p"...

However, I am wondering why the script doesn't stop before lapw2 then...

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.