[Wien] Re: use eosfit

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Sat Jan 15 23:23:48 CET 2005

> But I do not know how to use eosfit program seperately from wien2k
> package. I
> tried to copy the entire folder out, but when I executed the eosfit,
> it asked
> for some augment and I do not know what it is. Can you tell me what I
> need to
> do inorder to run the eosfit program outside wien2k?

As you can see from eosfit.def:

55,'case.vol',        'old',    'formatted',0
66,'case.outputeos',     'unknown','formatted',0
9,'case.eosfit',     'unknown','formatted',0

this program *is* rather independent from wien2k. It neads only a file
case.vol with volumes and energies, and then generates two output
files. It asks you one question:

"Enter V0-exp. for an estimate of B and BP using EOS2 and the
experimental equillibrium volume:"

If you want to use the Murnaghan equation of state, it doesn't matter
what you put here. If you want to use the other equations of
state "EOS2", then read what to do in the reference that is given in
case.outputeos (PRB52,8064).

Does this answer your question?

Stefaan