[Wien] Orbital angular momentum at Fermi surface

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jan 27 09:39:15 CET 2005

I'm not the  expert of angle resolved photoemission, but I guess
it is possible to tune your energies such that you would really probe states
at X = (0,0,1).
And such a single state DOES HAVE a nonspherical p-charge, i.e. only pz!!!

In "normal" calculations we sum over the whole BZ and thus the sum of (0,0,1)
+(0,1,0)+(1,0,0) gives exactly a spherical p.