[Wien] Gallium

Travis Sefzik tsefzik at chemistry.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jul 1 13:36:50 CEST 2005

I am trying to get accurate EFG values for Gallium systems.  In such,
I include 3d orbitals, 3s orbitals, and have the final p electron in
the 3p* orbital.  I am using ~ 2.0 b Muffin Tin radii for Gallium
(not far off for others), -6 Ry energy separation, ~7 Rmt*Kmax, 10
Lmax, 200 Kpts.  Despite much fine tuning I consistently am getting
poor values for my EFG (in particular, low Quadrupolar Coupling
constant values).  I have even tried to run minimizations for a few
of the systems and my Quad. Coupling constant goes even lower.

Does anybody have suggestions on how to possibly remedy this
problem?  Should I give extra valence states in my *.inst file?  I
have tried this and it doesn't seem to work, but I need to test a bit
further to say that it failed for sure.

Thanks,
Travis

---