[Wien] wien and hyperthreading

L. D. Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Tue Mar 15 15:11:34 CET 2005

For big calculations lapw2 with force set can be VERY slow, about 10
times. (Could probably be speeded up, maybe someone could take a stab if
they have one of the intel tuners available, e.g. Vtune.) In addition,
lapw0 in particular (maybe lapw2) goes faster if you turn on the
appropriate -ax flags for your CPU's.

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive