[Wien] lapw1(c)_mpi crash in the initialization procedure

Renate Dohmen INF dohmen at rzg.mpg.de
Wed Mar 16 13:29:17 CET 2005

Obviously, it was not a good idea to send a large attachment. But as
I think, you do not really need the attachment here the same mail
without attachment:

Dear Florent,

I at least have an idea. There was a correction to the original
version I had generated in connection with my optimizations of HNS.
The modules.F file should contain the line

       call blacs_get(0,0,ictxtallr)

just before the line

       call blacs_gridinit(ICTXTALLR,'R',npe,1)

This is not necessary on the IBM machines where I developed the
code, but it is the correct way and necessary on all other archi-
tectures. This should have been corrected in the official version
of Wien2k_03 as an update. Nevertheless, I send you my version of
modules.F as attachment. All these remarks concern for the moment
only Version 03, I have no experience with version 05 up to now.

Can you check, whether this may have caused the error you see?

Best regards,
Renate Dohmen

Dr. Renate Dohmen
Computing Centre Garching of the MPG