[Wien] lapw1(c)_mpi crash in the initialization procedure

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 16 14:24:10 CET 2005

> Obviously, it was not a good idea to send a large attachment. But as
> I think, you do not really need the attachment here the same mail
> without attachment:

I approved manually this larger mail and it will come through some time.

The blacs_get line is in the code, so this cannot explain the problems.
(VERSION_05 should be identical to VERSION_03 for these mpi stuff.)

When comparing hns.F and modules.F in VERSION_02 (before the optimization
of hns.F) with the current version, I see that these allocation statements
have been changed in hns.F from:
      allocate( A1R(HSROWS, NSL2*3), A1I(HSROWS, NSL2*3) )
#ifdef Parallel
      allocate( A1R(lld, NSL2), A1I(lld, NSL2) )

In modules.F, however, the routine par_syr2k  has not been changed.
While this is fine for the REAL version since their it works like:
          allocate( ABCLM1(LDHS, size(A1R,2)) )
!_REAL          CALL COPYTOABCLM(TYPE,LINDEX,NV,NLO,A1R,ABCLM1)

in the complex version there is a step involving   HSROWS elements:
!_COMPLEX          allocate( A(HSROWS, size(A1R,2)) )
!_COMPLEX          A(1:HSROWS,1:LINDEX)=DCMPLX(A1R(1:HSROWS,1:LINDEX), &
!_COMPLEX                                     -A1I(1:HSROWS,1:LINDEX))
!_COMPLEX          CALL COPYTOABCLM(TYPE,LINDEX,NV,NLO,A,ABCLM1)

My guess would be to change all the HSROWS in this routine to LDHS.

As mentioned before, I cannot test this at the moment.