[Wien] Export electron density in three dimensions

Dr. Sharat Chandra sharat at igcar.ernet.in
Sat Mar 19 09:36:31 CET 2005

Dear Tobias

You can use the wien2venus.py python script to generate 3D electron
density for the whole unit cell on a mesh of your choice. You will have to
specify the number of divisors on each axis. It will generate a case.rho3d
file which can be plotted using the VENUS program for MS WINDOWS available
from http://homepage.mac.com/fujioizumi/visualization/VENUS.html. The link
to the python script is also given on this page. The default program to
run is lapw5. If you want to use lapw5c and/or up/dn switches, you will
have to modify the script, which is quite easy if you will go through the
script yourself.