[Wien] Error in Lapw0

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Mar 22 09:20:45 CET 2005

> I was having problems with Wien2k_05 which were solved by using
> the latest version of Wien2k_05 (ie .2). Then I was able to run a couple
> of jobs successfully. However on a subsequent run on another molecule, the
> second cycle had an error in Lapw0 and exited.  After that I was not able
> to run the jobs that had run successfully earlier also. They exit with the
> same error (Lapw0) after one cycle of the scf.

Some guesses:

* Do you run all your jobs in the same directory? If you do, then bad output
from one job might compromise any following job. Repeat one of the
successful cases from scratch, in a new, clean directory. If it ran before
and if nothing changed to your system, then it must run also now (if you
believe in causality in our universe... ;-) ).

* Is somebody else running memory-intensive jobs on your computer? If too
many processes are running simultaneously, there might not enough memory be
available for your job, and it can die. Maybe some time ago you were using
the system alone?  Or maybe you yourself try to run several jobs
simultaneously? Try it with just one job.

Stefaan

 After the initial successful runs, I