[Wien] QTL file editing to remove bands

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Mar 25 08:58:06 CET 2005

I'm not sure if I understand what you really want to do. I guess, you want
to show only bands which have a certain character (or have contributions
from a few selected atoms.)

I still think that "character plotting" is the way to do it. So
I don't quite understand, why "character plotting" is NOT an option ???

Also: forgt the idea that certain bands are ONLY from the surface, others
ONLY from the bulk. All these definitions are "soft", i.e. there will be
some gradual change only. Even "surface states" have contributions down
into the bulk and they can even show "oszillations" due to k-vector
effects (number of slabs).....

a) In the insp file you may specify more than one atom (character)
simultaneously (just repeat the last line in insp) (At least I hope that
this is in the official version).
b) try to play with the linewidth option. Eventually you can set them very
small (so that other bands would not really appear), or you may directly
edit the spaghetti_ps file. The Postscript in it is fairly easy and by
some global changes one can easily change the plot.