[Wien] Lapw1 error

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu May 12 14:59:44 CEST 2005

Dear Lauri,

I've seen you mentioning this twice in the mailing list.

Usually -in1new works correctly, when you set the ESEPER-parameters correctly
in case.in2.

If Esepermin is too small, the "semicore" region may start already in
the "valence band" region, and then the "semicore-occupation" does not come
just from a deep semicore state, but has already some admixture from the
valence bands and thus the corresponding "mean-energy" is too high.

In any case, I do not really recommend   -in1new, since it more often
leads to mistakes than that it cures a problem.
Instead, I've "thightened" the QTL-B criterium and force the user more often to
adjust the energy parameters properly (by hand).