[Wien] HFF

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Tue May 31 09:21:06 CEST 2005

Hello Saeid,

For sure 1 T = 10 kG, and the values given under :HFF are in kG, no
doubt about that.

For Ce, not only the Fermi contact hyperfine field, but also the orbital
and dipolar hyperfine fields will be important. If you calculated only
the Fermi contact field, than I am not surprized that the values are far
away from experiment. In order to calculate the other contributions, you
must add spin-orbit and afterward run lapwdm with '3 3' and '3 5' (see
usersguide). Mind that the reported values for orbital and dipolar field
will be in Tesla, not in kG. It will possibly even be necessary to add
LDA+U on top of this.

Which Ce-compounds are you studying, and with which measurements do you
compare?

Best regards,
Stefaan