[Wien] Benchmark

lombaeb at science.unisa.ac.za lombaeb at science.unisa.ac.za
Fri Nov 18 13:57:56 CET 2005

OK great.  For the sake of others: just add it in .bashrc (or add setenv
OMP_NUM_THREADS 2  in .cshrc, if you use tcsh); and logout / login for the
new settings to take effect.

Lapw0 does not use MKL/GOTO as far as I know, so OMP_NUM_THREADS should
not have an effect.

I have not tired using parallel k-points and OMP_NUM_THREADS
simultaneously. This will probably slow down the calculation relative to
only using parallel k-points.

Regards

Enrico

--