[Wien] running error! (lapw1)

Ruijuan Xiao rjxiao at blem.ac.cn
Mon Nov 28 09:41:19 CET 2005

>Dear Peter Blaha and and wien user:
>     I am running the wien version wien2k_05.5 with the with the operating
>system Redhat,fortran compiler ifc 8.1and math libraries mkl 7.2.
>Everything is ok when I install the code and there is not error.
>    But When I run the code,there is something wrong .
>"x lapw1"
>"/home/mqcai/WIEN2K_05/lapw1: error while loading shared libraries:
>libguide.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Dear Cai:

I met a similar problem before. I solved it as following:

First, add the path of libguide.so (it maybe /opt/intel/mkl72/lib according to where you install the mkl) to the file "/etc/ld.so.conf".
Second, run the command "ldconfig".
Then, run "x lapw1". It may works now.

I hope it help.

Best regards,