[Wien] LDA+U problems

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Fri Oct 14 17:33:08 CEST 2005

>1  1  0                        nmod, natorb, ipr
>PRATT,1.0                      mixmod, amix
>1 1 3                          iatom nlorb, lorb
>1                              nsic (LDA+U(SIC) used)
>0.44 0.07                      U J

The sequence "1 1 3" means that for the FIRST atom in your case.struct
(first '1', iatom), you choose ONE orbital on which you apply LDA+U
(second '1', nlorb), and this orbital is F (the '3', lorb). Your input
is unlikely to work (I would think it will just crash??) because in your
case.indmc you specify the d-orbitals instead of f. It should read "1 1
3" there as well.

Stefaan