[Wien] The effects of spin-orbit on DOS

段鹤 duanhe at mail.sitp.ac.cn
Sat Oct 15 10:10:47 CEST 2005

Dear Dr.Peter Blaha,
I am highly appreciated for your help. I am puzzled with another problem:
After doing the relaxation without including spin-orbit (SO) for zinc-blende
CdZnTe successfully,I try to calculate the density of states (DOS) for the
relaxed structure. If  SO is not considered, the overall distrubution of DOS
is well consistent with literature; but a notable shift in energy position
occures once SO is included. Does SO really have significant effects on the
DOS? How to deal with this problem?

Best regards,
H. Duan
National Laboratory for Infrared Physics
Shanghai Institute of Technical Physics
Chinese Academy of Sciences
500 Yutian Road
Shanghai 200083