[Wien] Problems about super cell and simple cell

Alan anin1996 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 08:16:06 CEST 2005

Dear wien2k users:
 I have some questions about the supercell calculation. Just take an
example,( I am interested in the bandstructure of solids) TiC is a face
centered lattice, I run a scf and get its bandstructure. Then I construct a
2x2x2 supercell (its BZ maybe be 1/8 of a unit cell's), define a P lattice
and the labels. After the scf cycle(maybe timecomsuing), I can also get its
bandstructure. In common sense, they must be the same. However they are not.
How to explain this?
 Then it's my problem. In my case, the occupancy of some atoms is not 1, so
I have to enlarge the unit cell to take an integer number of each atom.
After calculation, the bandstructure is quite different from others'
calculation. I am wondering the reasons. Can anybody give a suggestion?
Thanks in advance!