[Wien] Problems about super cell and simple cell

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Sep 9 13:37:45 CEST 2005

Yes, in principle a supercell must yield the same results as the small
original unit cell.

In order that the WIEN2k symmetry dedection works properly, you should
"label" one of the atoms like   "Ti1"  "C 1" .

Also you should use an "equivalent" k-mesh (or you have converged sets
anyway).

And last but not least, you will NOT be able to simply compare the
bandstructure pictures. The BZ will be quite different, you have
backfolding,....; so the comparison is of course possible, but not
"straightforward".

Does your DOS look the same ? Is E-tot n-times the original E-tot ? are
the partial charges the same ?