[Wien] Compilation error

A Sen asen at iitk.ac.in
Sun Sep 18 09:33:58 CEST 2005

Dear All,
         As I have installed Intel(R) Fortran Compiler 9.0 for Linux,
Intel(R) C++ Compiler 9.0 for Linux and Intel(R) Math Kernel
Library 8.0 for Linux, while compiling WIEN2K on both
Itaninum-based and P4-based Linux platforms I come across the
following errors:

Compile time errors (if any) were:
SRC_afminput/compile.msg:ifort: error: problem during multi-file
optimization compilation (code 1)
SRC_afminput/compile.msg:make: *** [afminput] Error 1
SRC_aim/compile.msg:ifort: error: problem during multi-file optimization
compilation (code 1)
SRC_aim/compile.msg:make[1]: *** [aim] Error 1
SRC_aim/compile.msg:make: *** [real] Error 2
and so on.

Since there is one option viz. "J  Linux (Intel ifort 8.1 compiler + mkl
7.0 )" and no option for something like "K  Linux (Intel ifort 9.0
compiler + mkl 8.0 )", I wonder what to do. One remedy may be to lower the
optimization level, or upgrade to a less buggy version of the compiler, or
both. But then how to perform this since I do not have any Intel ifort 8.1
compiler with mkl 7.0 configuration. For example:
"Recommended options for system linuxif8 are:
         Compiler options:        -FR -mp1 -w -prec_div -pc80 -pad -ip
-DINTEL_VML
         Linker Flags:            -L/opt/intel/mkl70/lib/32 -Vaxlib
-static-libcxa -pthread
         Preprocessor flags:      '-DParallel'
         R_LIB (LAPACK+BLAS):     -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_ia32 -lguide

   Current settings:
     O   Compiler options:        -FR -mp1 -w -prec_div -pc80 -pad -ip
-DINTEL_VML
     L   Linker Flags:            -L//opt/intel/mkl/8.0/lib/32 -Vaxlib
-static-libcxa -pthread
     P   Preprocessor flags       '-DParallel'
     R   R_LIB (LAPACK+BLAS):     -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_ia32 -lguide

coming with the following message:
"I could not find the path to the mkl-library (/opt/intel/mkl70/lib/32/)
 Please search whether mkl is installed at all and where
 (You can download mkl from Intel www.intel.com (similar as the ifc compiler)
 Without mkl you should install the ATLAS-blas or you must use the blas_lapw
 library (performance loss)"

Can you please suggest me what changes I need to make in successfully
installing WIEN2K in both Itanium and P4 based systems?

Sincerely,
A. Sen