[Wien] k-points parallel

Joachim Luitz buero at luitz.at
Fri Apr 7 21:52:40 CEST 2006

stargmoon wrote:

> Recently, I am trying wien2k on our new cluster. The problem I met is,
> I have .machines file (I am sure the format of this file is correct),
> I try command run_lapw with option "-p". Yes, the program run with
> k-points parallel, however, all excutables go to the same node (the
> first node given in .machines file). Could anybody please tell me what
> is the possible reason for my problem?

Did you by any change answer "yes" on the question whether you have a
"shared memory architecture" during the run of siteconfig ?

Rerun siteconfig, answer "n" on this question  and try again.

Best
  Joachim

--
luitz.at - Interfacing Art, Science and Technology

Dipl.-Ing. Joachim Luitz KEG | Wohlmuthgasse 18 | A-3003 Gablitz
Tel.: +43 2231 612540 | Fax +43 2231 612544 | buero at luitz.at
http://www.luitz.at