[Wien] Handling of some files

Ulrich Keßler ukessler at uni-bonn.de
Mon Apr 24 14:36:37 CEST 2006

Dear WIEN2k users,

>The vector_* and *energy_* files are used in lapw2 !, so don't remove them
>when you want to calculate electron densities or a DOS,..... later on.
>You run   x lapw2 -qtl -p anyway on just one computer, but the -p switch
>directs the program to use the corresponding energe/vector_* files.
>

>>In the case of the case.vector_* files there is no case.vector. Is there an
>>easy possibility to build one case.vector from the case.vector_* files? After
>>finishing parallel SCF cycles I could then calculate the DOS on a single
>>computer.
>>

>No (see above).

I just tried this by copying the case.vector_* and case.energy_* files
(and everything else needed by lapw2) to an appropriate directory on
another computer. When I give the command x lapw2 -qtl -p (commandline
or w2web) it tells me "running in sinlge mode" and I get an end-of-file
during read error on unit 30. In lapw2.def unit 30 points to case.energy
which is empty, of course.

Have I misunderstood the above instructions on how to calculate a DOS on
a sinlge computer from case.vector_* files?

Thank you for your help,
Uli

Dr. Ulrich Keßler
Institut für Anorganische Chemie