[Wien] need help in installation

Manish Singh mksingh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 00:18:23 CEST 2006

Basically, WIENROOT variable is not set up correctly in your shell
environment. Although ./siteconfig_lapw should have done it automatically.
Check this by typing

echo $WIENROOT

at the command prompt. This should give the path where Wien2k files are.

Check what SHELL are you using (echo $SHELL)
If it's bash, then add these lines in your .bashrc (change /share/Wien2k_06
to whatever directory you have the Wien2k files in)

export SCRATCH=./
WIENROOT=/share/Wien2k_06
export WIENROOT
export PATH=$WIENROOT:$PATH

if you are using csh or tcsh, add these lines to your .cshrc (change
/share/Wien2k_06 to whatever directory you have the Wien2k files in)

setenv SCRATCH ./
setenv WIENROOT /share/Wien2k_06
set path = ($WIENROOT $path .)

After this logout and login again, check echo $WIENROOT again.

Manish