[Wien] Wien 2K Startup

Malik Muhammad Junaid malik at dps.uibk.ac.at
Wed Dec 6 22:34:33 CET 2006

Hi Joachim Luitz,

I never heard of this wien2kGrid thing before. i definitely would like to
have a more pointed information about that version of Wien2k. could you
please point to any url where i could get the users' manual or similar
helping material.

Stefaan is right in his comments about Grid Computig, Grid is a newly
evolving computing solutuion, although it is making great improvement
everyother day but still a single standard is being sought, and we might
have to wait quite a lot because of the extra ordinary heterogenous nature
of computing infrastructures being used around the globe.

This is the reason our resarch Group is involved in developing this Wien2K
solution for Eurpoean Grid. A similar porting of the same application has
already been done for the Austrian Grid.

Thanks,

Malik.
DPS,
University of Innsbruck.