[Wien] Cesium

Andrei Postnikov apostnik at uni-osnabrueck.de
Wed Dec 13 22:59:29 CET 2006

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Pablo de la Mora wrote:

| Dear Wien Users,
|     I have been trying to optimize the cell parameters for cesium and I
| obtain a straight line for E vs. V.
|     I have tried many things,  to move the cut-off energy, change the
| cell parameters to extreme values, etc. without success.
|     Does anyone have experience with Cs?
|     Thanks
|
|              Miguel Zavala Aké

Hallo, are you Pablo de la Mora or Miguel Zavala Aké? Anyway:
yes, by chance I have my old unpublished data on Cs, I was not happy with them,
but at least E(V) has a minimum, as it should. Please find a figure attached.
A general observation about Cs: it is indeed very soft, it doesn't cost
much energy to compress it, and, as it comes through a sequence of
phase transitions, it is very difficult to stabilize the energy
differences. I increased GMAX to 25 and 30 and it still moves and moves
and moves.

Good luck,

Andrei Postnikov

+-- Dr. Andrei Postnikov ---- Tel. +33-387315873 ----- mobile +33-666784053 ---+
| Paul Verlaine University - Institute de Physique Electronique et Chimie,     |
| Laboratoire de Physique des Milieux Denses, 1 Bd Arago, F-57078 Metz, France |
+-- apostnik at uos.de ------------ http://www.home.uni-osnabrueck.de/apostnik/ --+