[Wien] Cesium

georg@chem.au.dk georg at chem.au.dk
Thu Dec 14 10:35:54 CET 2006

Hi

I had some trouble with a Cs+ containing compound as well recently. The problem
was the automatic basis set set up by WIEN.
Cs is set up with two linearization energies for for s to describe the 5s (local
orbital) and 6s. Something like
0 -1.66 search
0  0.30 fixed

the problem is that 5s often participates in bonding and moves up in energy
close to the 0.3 linearization energy and creates a linear dependency in your
basis. This will especially be a problem if you are doing high pressures. Try
checking what happens to your fermi energy and your 5s linearization energy

 Best wishes
   Georg

--
Georg Madsen