[Wien] Large forces at the end of minimization!

Hojjat Gholizadeh gholizadeh.hojjat at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 00:24:21 CET 2006

Dear all

We wanted to achieve CO bond length with PBE, a GGA functional. Wien2k gives
correct bond (bond length is about 1.136 A which is comparable with result
in literature) after minimization but forces are very large(~15 mRy/au).

We have checked out many things including parameters such as RMT, lattice
parameter for unit cell, functional type (GGA and meta-GAA), Potential
cutoff and wave function cutoff (RKmax), SO effect,  and also we've used
different Wien2k version(2005-2006), precompiled version and source code.
We've used Fedora Core 4 as OS and our machine was intel em64t.

we would like to know, is our calculation safe?

Best regards

Hojjat Gholizadeh