[Wien] structure optimization in WIEN2k

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Dec 19 09:08:53 CET 2006

In the latest option there is a possibility to generate struct files for
c and a variation simultaneously.

edit optimize.job (and uncomment/adapt the "min_lapw line", comment the
"run_lapw" line.)

This way you simultaneously optimize the internal parameters for each
pair of a and c.

PS: I do this in 2 steps, first with a rather small RKmax+ k-mesh; then
(using the "preoptimized" structures with a better RKmax and k-mesh).
But this requires some experience and "feeling" for proper parameters.