[Wien] Optimize and Geometry minimization

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jan 2 10:40:29 CET 2006

>    Thank you very much for your reply,But I don't fully understand your meaning,Do you mean: After I've finished min -j "runsp_lapw -cc 0.001 -fc 1 "--result1
>      When  -orb -so ,There is no need mini again. using the mini result1 is ok?

"result1" is ok (is the best you can get with WIEN2k).

when you run mini again including -orb -so; your results would be wrong.

> And in the mailing-list i find the following:
>      "Set FOR yourself for the entire cycle.  This will make the
>     calculation take longer in the lapw2 step, but you can just use
>     -ec."    But you tell me
>     "You must use "force"-convergence,otherwise your forces are not correct."
> How to understand that?

By using -fc X       the script changes in the last iteration TOT to FOR.

So "force-convergence" is "the same" as setting FOR yourself.

Please read the usersguide ! Print it and put it next to your bed and study it
every evening just before falling asleep!