[Wien] Antiferro calculation

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jan 5 09:34:49 CET 2006

The energies are NOT equal (they are similar). Use a very good k-mesh and
large RKMAX and even a small E-difference becomes significant.
(If I remember correctly, Gd comes out "wrong" (compared to experiment)
withing GGA.

How can we find that the ground state of a system is ferro or antiferro ?
 for example  Etot can help us to find that which structure is the best . Is
there any parameter to help us for finding the ground state (ferro or
antiferro) ?
For distinguishing magnetic ground state in Gd; we thought that Etot can
help us but Etot in antiferro and ferro calculation are equal !
Please help us .

Thanks for your attention