[Wien] false convergence in structure optimization

L. D. Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Mon Jan 9 16:25:17 CET 2006

I you do "grep -e :" you will see all the relevant information. Most
useful is :ENE and :DD7DOG. The first is the energy, the second the
trust-region step. The code is working exactly as it should, it's
minimizing the energy, taking smaller and smaller trust radii if it cannot
find a better point (it says at the end :MIN Probably converged to
numerical accuracy). Your problem is that your forces are not quite
consistent with your energy, which means that (at least one of) RKMAX, RMT
or the force convergence etc are not good enough (which we cannot say).

N.B., I think you might be using an older version since I did not see :GG
for the gradient, although this might not be in the web version.