[Wien] problem with run phonon for 222 cell

Chandrika rcais at cal3.vsnl.net.in
Mon Jan 30 08:38:56 CET 2006

Hello Wien users,
I constructed a 222 supercell of SiC (cubic) in phonon, transferred it to Wien and ran init_phonon_lapw. This was okay. But when I tried the next step, run_phonon (after modifying the script for 4 cases) the calculations stop after lapw0. The error file reads
'ROTDEF' - no symmetry operation found.
 'ROTDEF' -    1   1
This happens in all 4 cases.
I have successfully done this on SiC 111 supercell using the same inputs which I list here below :
1) Optimised cell dimensions from Wien  as input for  PHONON and .d45 file read into Wien
2) RMT : 1.9
3) nn : 2.1
4) SiC 222 had 64 atoms but due to multiplicity it is reduced to 24. I get warnings for "mult not equal" "ityp not equal" and check outputnn file"
5)  The cell structure changes from the input FCC to P-type after  nn is run.
6) In the option 'Do you want to use the new case_x.struct.nn file I gave "n".
7) I get further warnings "structure file is not consistent with the spacegroup found".
8) In spite of these dstart seems to run okay for all 4 cases.
Only when I start run_phonon the problem starts and the calculations do not proceed beyond lapw0.
I have tried many ways to resolve the problem but am still stuck.
Please help.
Thank you in advance
Chandrika
Dr (Ms) Chandrika Varadachari
Raman Centre for Applied and Interdisciplinary Sciences
16A Jheel Road
Calcutta 700075
India
Tel : 91-33-24830029