[Wien] LSDA+U on Yb compounds

Pavel Novak novakp at fzu.cz
Wed Jul 26 21:38:12 CEST 2006

Dear Stefaan,

to get Yb3+ from Yb2+ you could superpose a small repulsive potential Vf
to the LDA+U potential. Vf is just a diagonal matrix = w*I. You have to
tune w so that desired Yb valency is obtained. Simple programming + small
UNIX script will do it.

Regards
Pavel

Dr. Pavel Novak
Department of Magnetism and Superconductivity
Institute of Physics AS CR
Cukrovarnicka 10, 162 53 Praha 6, Czech Republic
tel: +420 2 20 318 532
e-mail: novakp at fzu.cz