[Wien] I want to judge whether my calculation have ghost band or not.

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jun 13 12:19:32 CEST 2006

> I want to judge whether my calculation have ghost band or not.

Check your case.scf file. If there are no "QTL-B" errors or warnings,
you definitely have no ghost-bands.

You can use the LAPW basisset and lapw7 for getting the wavefunction of
individual states. However, remember this is a bloch-function, i.e. a
complex object, which might not even have periodicity of the lattice.

I prefer to look at the charge density of individual states.