[Wien] Difference Charge density in Spin-polarized calculation.

John Appleton banger_deep at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 21:36:18 CEST 2006

Dear WIEn Users,
  I want to calculate the difference charge density in a spin
  polarized calculation. I understand that
  bonding information can be obtained from the
  difference charge density.
  My idea is to sum spin-up and spin-dn densities and
  substract the super-imposed free densities (from case.sigma).

  My case.in5 is the following:

  -1 -1 0 2                     # x, y, z, divisor    of origin
-1 3 0 2                     # x, y, z, divisor    of x-end
3 -1 0 2                     # x, y, z, divisor    of y-end
4 4 4                       # number of shells
100 100        # number of points in x and y dir, (ratio close to lenght ratio
DIFF ADD                         #   RHO|DIFF|OVER; ADD|SUB or blank <---------
ATU VAL NODEBUG             #   ANG|ATU; VAL|TOT; DEBUG|NODEBUG
NONORTHO                       # optional: ORHO|NONORTHO plotting directions

  I am particularly concerned with line 6 marked with the
  arrow (that is the option: DIFF ADD). Is it correct?
  If not, what is the best way to plot the difference density
  in a spin-polarized calculation? By the way, what is the
  difference between case.sigma and case.rsigma
  Thank you